Fuel Cards - Questions To Ask A Fuel Card
Once you have all the relevant information to hand about your
fuel card requirements (See "Fuel Cards - What You
Need To Know"), you're in a position to discuss your
requirements with a fuel card provider.
Questions to ask a Fuel Card
- How much will the fuel cards cost me? Remember that some
cards have annual fees.
- How much will you charge me for the fuel I buy using your fuel
card? You should know how they will charge for fuel: a) Do
they charge a fixed price over a period (week/month) or b) Do you
pay pump price?
- How many sites are available to you in their network? a) Where
are the sites located? b) Which sites are nearest to your
locations - offices, depots etc
- What other charges are involved - are there any hidden charges,
for example do they charge for itemised invoices, reporting or
- Can you access your account on line and see real-time
data? If so what level of data can you see, for example
individual card use?
- What customer service do they offer, both during working hours
and should they be required out of hours?
- Do you have access to your own account manager?
- Do they provide PIN security providing personal numbers for
- What other products can be bought using the cards?
Usually you can specify petrol, diesel, oil and accessories but
additionally some providers let you use the card for other products
in the shop.
Choosing a Fuel Card
Don't talk to only one Fuel Card company as
they might not have the best deal for you (especially if they only
have one fuel card offering - that's the one they'll sell
you). It is preferable to talk to between 3-5
companies to see who can best match your requirements.
You can start your process here by getting quotes for fuel card
companies - get
Get Your Quotes Now